It’s harvest season, so we have a bounty of brilliant autumn décor ideas.
Checklist: Harvest Some Quick Décor
Try the 1 + 2 + 3 method; pair any three of our Fall Décor items to get your look going.
- Wreath, swag, & autumnal door mat
- Two topiaries and a wreath
- A garland, a door mat, swag
- Three swags (for windows + door)
- Mirror, wreath, candles dress a console
- Two urns with filler and a fall door mat
9 Fresh Fall Decorating Ideas We’re Trying
1. Over a dining room table, weave a garland into an existing iron chandelier away from the lights, for a dramatic effect; we love our handmade Fall Bordeaux Garland, crafted in the USA for a natural look detailed with faux orange canella berries
2. Use a wreath placed flat on the table as a centerpiece. Flameless Flicker Candles can rise from the center. We also love running a pre-lit garland, like our Pre-lit Bay Leaf Garland, down the center of the dining room table in a gentle, curving manner (see our photo above for this easy but beautiful look)
3. A Lucas Low Planter with greenery is also a dramatic, statement-making centerpiece
4. Lean a wreath against the wall on the top of your bar cart for a festive look
5. Warm the mood; group battery-operated flameless candles in an empty fireplace, or use the space to hold colorful faux greenery wreath on stand.
6. Use a wreath suspended by ribbon or picture wire over a mirror or a large window. Bonus tip: our Candle Rings double as mini-wreaths for smaller windows or mirrors.
7. If you have a staircase, hang swags or wreaths at spaced intervals from the top floor to the main floor. We love the Southern Harvest Greenery Collection swags, with their mini pumpkin embellishment.
8. Tie a wreath onto a bed frame at the foot, or weave garland around bed rails or posts
9. An outdoor garland also looks amazing indoors. Our Southern Harvest Greenery Garland can edge a doorway or be draped it lavishly over a mantel or console table.
Checklist: Prep the Dining Room for Fall Feasts
- Harvest Tableware: our word plates say Gather, Family, Thankful, and Grateful
- Make our colorful Fall Floral Turkey Platter part of a new serving tradition
- Add our graceful, gold-tone “Gather” word art to a sideboard or hall console
- Use “Give Thanks” pumpkins on a sideboard, or in a floor grouping
- Try a Luca Low Planter with autumn greenery as a centerpiece
- Tie swags on the backs of your dining chairs: try Valencia Chair Fabric Slipcovers with swags and ribbons
- Place a wreath on a stand on a sideboard for color
- Switch out your usual dining room rug for one in rich autumn tones
- Use the Lucas Urn with greenery to bank the sides of a serving console
Checklist: Fall’s Room-style Front Porch
- Use a wide piece of velvet ribbon to suspend a wreath from the front door
- Lay down a natural-hued or warm-colored outdoor rug beneath your bench
- Place decorative fall-hued pillows and cushions on seating
- Switch out your door mat: try our casual Hay Bale Mat, or traditional Gather Mat
- Drape a garland over an outdoor console, or on entryway pillars
- Pair Hacienda Candle Holders with Finley Hill Floral Collection candle rings and flameless, battery-operated candles
- Put matching greenery into Lucas Urns on either side of the door or steps
- Hang a greenery swag down both sides of an outdoor lantern-shape door light
- Hang a greenery swag on your freestanding mailbox or outdoor pillar lights.
- String lights add a twinkly “fall festival” atmosphere
Checklist: Unique Autumn Extras We Love
- Our Harvest Moon Collection adds the vivid charm of autumn leaves everywhere
- Our faux hay bales are crafted from durable all-weather PVC so they won’t disintegrate or attract unwelcome little critters. Place them anywhere, from porch to patio – even in your great room for seasonal themed parties. See exactly how we dressed our beautiful door (above) in our Fab Fall Decor video.
- Our Pumpkins and Cabbages Window Box Filler and Mum Window Box Filler look so welcoming outdoors; and indoors, in willow baskets or rustic wood planter boxes
- Create gorgeous settings using vintage ceramic planters you’ve collected mingled with our easy-care Lucas Urns, with their look of aged iron; fill with leaves or gourds
- Hang a few autumn faux greenery swags beneath wall sconces to carry your warm, welcoming harvest theme through the home