It’s fun to decorate your Christmas Mantel in a new way, because adding unexpected, bright colors or modern new accents makes your home feel party-ready and artful. It’s an exciting approach to the season that will reward an inventive eye.
Celebrate! Our Jewel-bright Mantel Idea changes everything.
We like this look because of the overtones of fashion and style. We love the jewel-like colors and delicately detailed designs. And because the look mixes in some modern Scandinavian romance, we like it even more. You’ll need:
- Sugarplum Cordless Greenery Collection: Wreath and Garland
- Pearl Stocking, Tassel Stockings, and our Stocking Scrolls, Set of Four
- Script “Celebrate” word art, our Dover Candle Holders in White, and Small Blush Shimmer Owls, Set of Two (because they are adorable and easy to place)
Two more accents that make this look work:
- Crystal Pinecone Bundle, Set of Three, because of their frosty beauty
- Branches Decorative Screen in front of the fireplace because it works with the natural feeling of the pinecones and owls
One mantel, three unexpected holiday ways.
1. Love the unexpected golden glow of the Mercury Glass LED Trees Collection.
(Above) Drama warms a cold winter’s night because it fills a room with interest. The shimmery gold works against that darker wall because the darker color enhances the warm LED glow. Most importantly, it lets us imagine lovely glam cocktail parties, and nights while the snow falls outside. You’ll need:
- Directional Garland would add a richly faux-natural look
- Glamorously glowing, our Mercury Glass LED Tree Collection is like a magical forest of gold ranged across the mantelpiece. We love these on hallway console tables, too.
- Solange Mirror with its colorful, glittering mosaic tile border
- Lancaster Fireplace Screen and Tool Set
2. Also unexpected: Nature’s peaceful beauty, for winter-long charm.
(Above) Country walks and a winter cabin in the mountains sound appealing. And that’s why we love the feeling of this woodsy mantel look. Because it’s a bit farmhouse rustic, and because it feels so calming and serene, it’s a winner. You’ll need:
- The Breckenridge Cordless Greenery Garland for a faux-natural look
- Our Square Tobacco Basket in Natural frames our Breckenridge Wreath
- PEACE Marquee Letters of metal, with long-lasting LED globe bulbs
- Hacienda Candle Holders in a faux wood finish
- An Ellie Accent Chair, in Frasier Lilac
- A rich paint color on a key wall to enhance mood of your decorating
- Branches Decorative Screen in front of the fireplace
3. Fresh & on-trend: the quiet cool of a Scandinavian winter holiday.
(Above) Because it’s as fresh as a December day with a Scandinavian vibe, we love it. And because this is a stunning look that works into the new year, we love it even more. You’ll need:
- Metal Reindeer, Set of Two. They’re an important choice because they have a delicately elongated fantasy feeling that pops in this simple space.
- Lifelike Snowy Trees, Set of Two. Because they are cute and have attitude. Yes?
- Juliette Mirror, with its antiqued-looking surface that reflects our frosty vignette. We love the way a mirror adds depth to a room all year long, and then steps up to make a mantel’s decorations have extra impact.
Two more accents we love with this look:
- Gypsy Faux Fur Ottoman. Because it is fun. And because it’s doubling for a snowdrift.
- Benson Fireplace Screen in black steel, because it’s a sophisticated choice.
Share a picture of your Christmas mantel idea @grandinroad
SHOP all Grandin Road Christmas decor and SEE MORE IDEAS: How to Decorate a Christmas Mantel: Updated Traditional, and Christmas Porch Decorations: 15 Ways to Make it Holly Jolly.